Thursday, September 22, 2011


Hello!

Welcome to my blog! I will use this blog to keep you updated on my on-going campaign and City Council Activities.

During these last four years I have fought for major quality of life improvements for Emeryville such as installing traffic calming measures, creating the new Doyle Hollis Park, opening the first segment of the Emeryville Greenway, and building more paths and bike lanes.

Last year I co-chaired the successful campaign for Measure J to fund the joint use facility for the School District and the City to centralize services cost effectively.  Major biotech companies and green businesses, such as Santen and Clif Bar, have also chosen to make their home in Emeryville.  

There is even more we can do to build the community.  Right now, in these difficult economic times, Emeryville needs experienced leaders who understand how to protect our local services and make sure Emeryville continues to get its fair share. I have served for 12 years and will continue to do so with passion and dedication to Emeryville—my goals and priorities are about making sure Emeryville stays the great community we all love living in.

In the next four years I want to continue the work I have started. My top priorities are to :
  • Continue to make Emeryville more pedestrian and bike friendly,
  • Extend the Greenway and establish more parks,
  • Create more family-friendly housing,
  • Reduce traffic,
  • Support our small, locally owned businesses,
  • Continue to work with the school district on partnerships that benefit all of Emeryville.
 I will continue to keep you informed throughout the campaign and my next term. Please “Like” my Facebook page for frequent updates on my progress at: Ruth on Facebook.

Thank you
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment